- Car/Truck : Importation is permitted max 8 years old .(Cars and Light trucks)
- Truck : Max. 15 Years Old (Heavy Trucks)
- An Original Bill of Landing.
- An Original Commercial or Purchase Invoice.
- Your Driver’s License.
- Your Passport.
- Original Certificate of Title.
- Original Vehicle Registration.
- Certificate from Origin DMV Certifying that the Vehicle Is Not Stolen.
Regulations for importation of vehicles
- Only licensed importers can import into El Salvador.
(If you want to import a car from El Salvador, please contact the employee.)
- VIN Re-carving is not allowed
- Chassis Number, VIN Sticker, and Engine Number are Necessary
- Only LHD vehicles are allowed
- require a Certificate of Emissions authorized by a mechanic and authenticated by theSalvadoran Embassy/Consultant at origin, translated into Spanish.